Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi
The Ministry of Culture proposes filling up of one vacancy in the post of Director (Central Secretariat Library) in the Ministry of Culture in Level-13 (Rs. 118500-
214100) in the pay matrix on deputation basis from officers under the Central or State Governments or Public Sector Undertakings or Semi-Government or Statutory or Autonomous Organizations or recognized Research Institutes or Educational Institutes:-
(a) (i) holding analogous posts on a regular basis in the parent cadre or department or
(ii) with five years regular service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in posts in Level 12 in the pay matrix or equivalent in the parent cadre or department or
(iii) with ten years’ regular service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in posts in Level 11 in the pay matrix or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; and
(b) Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience, namely:
(i) Masters Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science of a recognized University or Institute;
(ii) Twelve years’ professional experience in a Library under Central Government or State Government or Autonomous or Statutory Organization or Public Sector
Undertaking or University or Recognized Research or Educational Institution.
(i) One year experience of computerizing Library activities in a Library under Central Government or State Governments or Autonomous or Statutory organization or Public Sector Undertaking or University or recognized Research or educational Institution.
(ii) Diploma in Computer Application from a recognized University or Institute.
Note-1: The Departmental Officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion will not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion. (Period of deputation (including short-term contract) including period of deputation (including period of short term contract) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization or Department of the Central Government shall not exceed five years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (including short-term contract) shall be not exceeding fifty six years as on the closing date of applications). For the purpose of appointment on deputation basis, the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to 1st January, 2016 or the date from which the revised pay structure based on the Seventh Central Pay Commission recommendation has been extended, shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding Level in the pay matrix extended based on the recommendations of the pay commission except where there has been merger of more than one pre-revised scale of pay into one Level in the Pay Matrix, and where this benefit will extend only for the post(s) for which that Level in the pay matrix is the normal replacement without any upgradation.
2. The period of deputation/contract will ordinarily not exceed 3 years. The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion will
not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion. Period of deputation/contract including period of deputation, in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization/department of the Central Government shall not exceed 5 years.
3. The officers selected on deputation will have the option to draw his grade pay plus deputation (duty) allowance in accordance with the Ministry of Finance OM No. F.1(11)- E.III(B)/75 dated 7.11.1975 as amended from time to time or to have his pay fixed in the pay scale of the post of Director (CSL).
4. Applications (in duplicate) in the given proforma duly countersigned by the employer of the officers who can be spared in the event of their selection are to be sent to this Ministry within two months from the date of issue of this Advt. Application received after the last date or without the confidential reports or otherwise found incomplete will not be taken into consideration.
5. Candidates who apply for the post will not be allowed to withdraw their candidature subsequently.
6. While forwarding the applications it may be verified or certified by the employer that the particulars furnished by the officers are correct and that no disciplinary or vigilance case is pending or is contemplated against them.
7. The application with all necessary documents may be forwarded in the name of
Under Secretary (Library), Ministry of Culture, Shastri Bhawan, CSL Building, 1st
Floor, New Delhi.
(N. K. Sinha)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tel. No. : 23382539